The month seemed to leap past at a blistering pace. Not quite sure what I've achieved running wise, but at least I actually got my arse into gear and got out there to run. I was accused erm..it was suggested that I was being a bit lazy , which is true I guess, so I've put in a bit more effort and tried to get things back on track.
Before I get on with the round up there's some info here for the VAANEE (veterans athletics assoc. North East) cross country championships. The closing date for entries is the 13th of March, so if you read this, and you're resident in the North East of England, and are like me (an old codger) veteran - then you could get yourself signed up for the race and pop down to the championships on the 20th of the month.
All the info can be found here: VAANEE website
It'd be nice to get some new faces down there, so if you're over 35, and a member of a NE running club get your entry form in the post!
Back to the roundup....
Marginally better than last month for running, but my pace seems to be consistent at least, even if it is getting slower
- Sun 28 9am – Long(ish) Run 9.36mi - 1:17:01. Sunday morning run with Sunderland Strollers. Down to the seafront, then back via the shorter route with Dave & Chirpy. This was my first long run with the Strollers since the beginning' of last year - what a friendly bunch - it was like I'd been there only last week
- Thu 25 6pm – Track Session 3.11mi - 22:11. 5 x 1000m
4:07, 4:31, 4:31, 4:31, 4:31. I tried sticking with Frankie for the first rep which turned out to be a wee bit too quick to be honest. I should be looking at something around 4:22 per 1000m
- Wed 24 6pm – General Run 6.6mi - 54:31. Tech to York Ave, then jog back to meet Jim, then back round to Tech with Jim & Alan
- Sat 20 2pm – Temple Park XC 1.86mi - 15:00. Pulled out of S/Shields xc - pain in calf. I was shown some stretches by Steph Bingham at the xc, and they seemed to have done the trick - cheers!
- Sat 20 9am – Time Trial 3.11mi - 23:51. Newcastle parkrun, took it steady - doing xc later in the day
- Thu 18 6pm – Track Session 2.98mi - 19:33. 12 x 400m
1:46, 1:40, 1:41, 1:36, 1:39, 1:35, 1:38, 1:34, 1:39, 1:35, 1:36, 1:34. Frankie's idea of fast and slow didn't quite work out and it ended up being fast then faster
- Wed 17 6pm – General Run 6.6mi - 54:51. Tech route with Jim
- Tue 16 6pm – Road Session 5.59mi - 40:35. Wood Terrace 1 lap 2 laps x 3
4:06, 9:11, 4:21, 9:12, 4:15, 9:30. Felt worn out after Wrekenton xc on the Saturday.
- Sat 13 2pm – Wrekenton XC 3.73mi - 33:16. Enjoyable & very muddy
- Thu 11 6pm – Track Session 2.49mi - 16:53. 8 x 500m
2:07, 2:08, 2:09, 2:00, 2:10, 2:07, 2:07, 2:10, 2:02
- Wed 10 5pm – General Run 5.42mi - 52:57. Usual Wednesday route with Jim
- Tue 9 7pm – Warm Down 0.92mi - 9:10
- Tue 9 6pm – Road Session 4.8mi - 33:55. Leam lane, 6 x 1300m - 5:29, 5:38, 5:47, 5:37, 5:47, 5:37
- Tue 9 5pm – Warm Up 2.49mi - 21:06. Warm up for club session
- Thu 4 6pm – Warm Up 1.4 10:15 7:19 8.2. Warm up for track session (which I didn't start)
- Wed 3 6pm – General Run 5.42mi - 52:29 Shorter Wednesday route, knackered after last night's hill session. We had snow, ice, wind you name it.
- Tue 2 7pm – Warm Down 0.7mi - 7:15. Bimble back to the car after the hill
- Tue 2 6pm – Hill Session 5.25mi - 43:11. 10 x Springfield, plus along at the top. Hard up, hard along, easy down. Tough session but I worked really hard.
- Tue 2 5pm – Warm Up 1.3mi 12:47. Solo warm up for club session
Not too bad overall, but I need to start being a bit more focused about getting out on a Sunday, and maybe doing a couple of extra miles on a Wednesday.
Hoping for some good weather in March too.
Happy Running Folks!