Friday 4 December 2009

Bloody Christmas tree lights

I love Christmas, let me say that before we start, I guess I have to seeing as my Christmas starts with my first delivery at the end of August. So it's no wonder that I have to get into the spirit of things and put my tree up early. Actually not as early as some, but two weeks into November is early enough for me.

So (you're wondering what the point of my ramblings are right), I've had my tree lights switched on and off for the last three weeks no problem, then as soon as I start to feel fit and ready to get back into training, bang goes a muscle in my back switching the sodding things off.

It's so frustrating, especially with how good I was feeling after Farringdon xc. I just wanna get out there, but after a couple of test-bimbles on Tuesday & Wednesday I've had to give up the idea as a bad 'un. I was hoping to do the Sunderland Parkrun this weekend too, but that'll have to go on hold for the next two weeks now.

Bah...

Oh, on another note

George has put some Newcastle Marathon footage on YouTube (see here), This musta been before I lost the will to live on lap five, as I'm still moving and lying in 4th place. I'm still annoyed with myself for not trying harder, but it's done now, and I'm already thinking about what to do next year.

I thought I'd have a go at triathlon.

There's one organised by Tyne & Wear Fire Brigade in Hebburn (near where I do all my running training), so it'd be rude not to take part Wink. Though I haven't been on a bike since I had my paper round in 1985 or 86 (It was many many moons ago), so god knows what kind of cyclist I'd make, but seeing that I'm willing to give almost anything a go I was thinking 'why the hell not' Laughing

Will keep you folks posted on my biking efforts, if nothing else they may earn me two hundred & fifty quid for looking stupid on You've Been Framed Undecided

Happy running people!

No comments:

Post a Comment