Sunday 30 January 2011

Marathon miles month 1

Well that's almost one month done and the marathon miles are adding up.  In the words of the immortal bard, or in this case, Evil Coach Jim, 'I've got my proper running head back on'  and it seems to be doing the trick.  Looking at my monthly mileage chart on Fetcheveryone, it seems like I've done my best running off something like 120 miles a month (those months where I got the most PB's).
So this seems like a pretty good start to the year considering I didn't actually start training till the 6th, an this was my best month of training since July 2009.  It seems like I should just write off 2010 for running, but I'm thinking that my heart just wasn't in it for most of the year, and now (in the words of wor Cheryl Cole) 'Av got me mojo back'.

Session wise it's been a great couple of weeks.

Darth Jim has returned with a vengance, and we've been treated to a couple of pretty savage road sessions, and two very different time trials.
Club sessions this month have been:

Tuesday 11th - 5k time trial (road) - a dissapointing 24:46
Thursday 13th - 10 x 400m track session: 1:48, 1:46, 1:48, 1:46, 1:46, 1:43, 1:44, 1:40, 1:40, 1:46
Tuesday 18th - Hill session 5.4 miles up and down Springfield bank, 44:54
Tuesday 25th - Intervals on New Road, 900, 1500, 900, 1500.  4:01, 6:55, 4:16, 7:05
Thursday 27th - track session, 800 flat out (3:20) then 3k time trial 13:48

After doing the North Eastern's XC on the 8th, I've switched my long run to a Saturday, and have been using Sunday for a recovery run, so I'm on good form for Tuesday's club session.

Long runs this month have been pretty interesting routes.  Instead of planning before I've just gone walkabout with the garmin and seen where my feet take me :)

Saturday 15th - 12.43 miles (1:35:26) 2 and a bit laps round Hebburn & Jarrow, windy as hell.
Saturday 22nd - 13.5 miles (2:02:08) Windy Nook - Gateshead Stadium - Millenium Bridge - Ouseburn - Byker - Walker - Wallsend - Pedestrian Tunnel - Hebburn.
Saturday 29th - 14.5 miles (2:11:08) Felling - Wrekenton - Springwell - Birtley - Team Valley - Dunston - Millennium Bridge. 

Next Sunday I've got the Townmoor xc, but I'll prolly still do my long run on Saturday and use the cross country as a recovery run as I'm there all day doing results (and I really don't like running round the moor) 


Next month should see more of the same sessions, but I've really pulled my finger out and I'm actually starting to train harder and enjoy it.  If I can keep on the right track, according to Coach Jim, I should be a proper runner by the time I do London Marathon.


Happy running chaps & chapessess


V.


Find me on facebook gracelesswhippet
Follow me on twitter @ladywhippet

No comments:

Post a Comment