Thursday 3 February 2011

Thursday night track session

Got to the track early to do a bit of a warm up and the wind was hideously strong.  It was fine for 300m of the track though, so Jimmy, Frankie, Barry and I opted for 300s instead of the requested 400s (sorry Jim).  We did have to jog in the last 100m which was like running in one of those wind tunnels they use to test airplane aerodynamics.

1:12, 1:13, 1:13, 1:13, 1:15, 1:16, 1:16, 1:16, 1:15, 1:20, 1:20, 1:20

Now I know I was supposed to be aiming for consistency here, but the variations weren't actually my fault.  It was getting windier as the session went on, and the last three laps were particularly challenging, with a crosswind which blew me from lane one into lane four as we came round past the hammer cage.

I was happy just to get to twelve as I think the last four would have knocked me on my back.

Then it was a quick turnaround and 'up t'the toon' for the North East fetcheveryone one mile challenge on the quayside.  I got there in plenty of time, but by this point was bloody freezing.  Had a quick natter, then we were off.  I managed the lap in 7:28, nothing stunning, but I'm happy enough with that.  Will look at something quicker when the weather's a bit nicer.

Happy running folks!

1 comment: