Monday 3 February 2020

January 2020

Training update - Run Everyday December (and most of January)

As I have done for the past five years, I'd signed up to Run Everyday December.  it's a great way to keep your training going over the winter, and hopefully continue through into the spring.  So despite my hamstring issue being ever present, I launched myself into it with my usual enthusiasm.  The RED group on Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with fellow December nutters too.

The plan was to try and keep it steady throughout the month, with no daft mileage - objective achieved! (Aside from one 10 miler which was a bimble down to Riverside parkrun and back).

Miles for the month were down on previous years, but still canny.  Given that I'd felt ok for the month I tried to pursue it through January too.  I did actually manage to run all but one day - the day after the Northern XC championships I played golf, then couldn't face going outside in the freezing cold again.  So technically I did something every day.

December only included one race - the Northeastern Cross Country Championships at Alnwick pastures. It was cold, and very very windy, so with the wind chill it felt about -4 or -5, but the Jarrow lasses had a great turn out and won team gold.  I did do a few parkruns too - in an effort to get up to 100 for the decade I'd been doing them.  Managed to crack it on Christmas Day at Herrington!

Team Jarrow at NECAA XC Championships, Alnwick
January has been a lot more busy as far as races are concerned, and February looks jam packed.  Got something on pretty much every weekend coming up, so looks to be a good month of running.

The month kicked off with NEHL Temple Park (Davison Shield), felt ok, but the time was pretty slow to be honest - another day of it blowing a hoolie, then on my own doorstep at Birtley Relays.  Again, the time was pretty naff.  Heather & I headed down to Bedale for the Northern XC Championships, we had a small team of six, but we ran like troopers in the thick mud.  Really enjoyed the course!

Jarrow ladies team @ Bedale Northern Athletics XC Championships

Mud is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment