Sunday 17 September 2017

Golf and running, actually mostly golf with a tiny bit of running

It's been a great month of sport for me, despite having sprained my ankle whilst out walking the dogs at the end of last month.  I've missed a few games of golf, and my running has been right off the boil, but it was nice to get out and play.





 Many thanks to my playing partners in the various teams I've been part of over the season. Including Linda, Pat, Cath, Sue, Claire, Karen, Lesley, Anne, Janis, Sally, Yvonne, Lesley & Valda (Houghton), and Joan (Hobson).

Had a great day out today at Bedlingtonshire GC too with Pat & Linda, despite torrential rain on the 16th, really enjoyed the course.

I also had the pleasure of watching a load of North East athletes pick up British Masters medals in the BMAF 10000m championships at Monkton yesterday (same day as the NECAA/NEMAA Pentathlon), many grats to the winners, who battled through bouts of rain and wind.  Wish I could have ran but my ankle wasn't strong enough yet, so I was happy to run about and shout at people running!

Results from the NEMAA 5k & BMAF 10k Championships
Results from the NEMAA Pentathlon











No comments:

Post a Comment